Monday, July 18, 2011

my yoga

I'm passionate about yoga.

My other blog encompasses every aspect of my life, from family and friends, to food, to personal challenges, and things that make me smile or stop and think. This blog is meant to be all things yoga, especially pertaining to my personal journey through this beautiful lifestyle. Yes, yoga is a lifestyle for me. I want to live it, breathe it, dream it, eat it.

I began dabbling in yoga in 2007. About a year and a half ago I realized my life was empty, cold, and severely lacked discipline and direction. I began to hate myself. Then one day, I found absolute solace in my simple daily practice. It was around that time, gradually, that yoga became a big priority to me. It allowed me to stop, breathe and live. I felt alive practicing yoga when my bad moods engulfed my life.

There is still a lot I have to learn about Yoga, but I feel that [finally] I'm on the right path for me. Thus far, asanas have been the bulk of my practice, but I'm very eager to start studying and learning more about pranayama and meditation. Books help. Oh, how I love books.

I'll use this blog to keep me motivated. I'll also share whatever I might discover on the internet that helps me in my journey so that, hopefully, it can help some one else in their journey. But mostly, this is a blog, an online journal of sorts, to help me track my progress and notice the things my body is telling me at any given time. In the past year that yoga has been a driving force in my life, I've become much more aware of my body and its needs. I've noticed that sometimes, some weeks, some asanas are beyond my grasp. I might lose sirsasana for a week, or find out I can't do uttanasana when I'm sick. And that's okay. These things don't keep my from my mat, instead they encourage me to look for alternative paths so that I can practice yoga every day, in every aspect of my life.

Namaste :)

No comments:

Post a Comment