Monday, August 8, 2011

under-developed

My beautiful friend Lacy is currently doing her teacher training in anusara yoga. She's been throwing lots of tips and resources my way lately. I don't know much about chakras so she sent me this chakra test. It's pretty simple but helpful, and I found it to be pretty accurate for my person.

My root, throat, and third eye chakras are under-developed. I don't know much about the chakras, so this is a good opportunity to see where I'm unbalanced in my life and practice. My test results showed that my heart chakra is pretty open, and that is comforting because I've been focusing on "leading with my heart." That's one of the phrases I've heard the most over the past 4 years I've been practicing, and recently I've been taking it to heart. (Har-har, pun intended). But really, lately my practice revolves around expanding my heart. Knowing that my efforts to open my heart are working I think it's time to start incorporating some focus on the other chakras. Before I took that little quiz I noticed that sometimes I'll close up the back of my throat or clench my jaw in a pose. Closed throat chakra. I think this is a good place for me to start.
Source

I don't have too many resources on opening the chakras, but I'm working on it. And of course I'll post whatever I find here. Right now though, I feel so incredibly blessed to have the positive influences in my life that I do. I practice with my best friend and my boyfriend when I can, and my other friends offer tons of advice! Like how to open chakras by focusing my awareness and then spiraling it. I'll definitely be practicing that!

No comments:

Post a Comment