Sunday, August 21, 2011

this month

I've felt myself waning. My mind has been a jumble of distractions and stress. Having surgery has really affected my personal practice; energy spent on moving preparations have left me with little else to go on. I miss my practice, and yet when I unroll my mat I feel a sense of confusion. I don't know what to do or where to go with it. I've become separated from my flow. Disconnected.

The move is in a week and a half. I feel like if I can get myself through the final touches of it all I'll have more time, or energy, or clarity, or whatever it is that I need, to connect with the Universe again.

I had such big plans for this month last month, and nothing has truly manifested itself. I suppose this is how things typically go. The one thing I can say for certain is that this challenging month hasn't pushed me away from my desire to learn more about yoga; it has been an opportunity for me to truly take my practice "off the mat" and apply what I have learned to my busy, daily life. Some days are more difficult and scattered than others (and this healing process has been way less than pleasant) and I definitely have a lot more practice and learning to do. But it feels good to know I'm starting a new chapter in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment